Patriot K9s of Wisconsin proudly provides training for U.S. Military Veterans and Shelter Dogs working together to combat the effects of PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Military Sexual Incident (MSI).
Ready for change. Ready for growth. Ready to reclaim their lives.
The veterans who come to us and participate in our service dog training program have taken the first step and gotten to a place in their lives that they are ready – ready for change, ready for growth, ready to reclaim their lives. Along the journey, they become part of the Patriot K9s family for life. Most will return repeatedly in some form, to volunteer themselves, giving back so that others may receive the same opportunities and a chance for a better life that they themselves now have
What Veterans Receive
At NO CHARGE- Veterans accepted into the program will be provided:
- Dog ( if veteran does not have a socially appropriate dog already)
- Service Vest
- Dog ID
- Certification Record
- All Necessary Equipment
- 22 week complete training program
We’ve Got Your Back!
- Our veterans are welcomed into a comfortable, family type environment .
- Our classes are built around openness and communication, We use small group settings in a safe environment
- Our training is a family friendly environment and we learn to support each others strengths, weaknesses & limitations.
- Our program is approximately 6 months in length and broken into different phases.
- We work together on becoming contributing members of society again while learning the life skills necessary for integration into society.
- Vets and their service dogs are able to come back to the organization for a lifetime for training brush-up’s, camaraderie, and just to say “Hi!”
- Most of all, we look forward to helping our veterans become part of the answer!